Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Organization: Lesson Planning and Freebie!

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back to Tip Tuesday! This is going to be a quick post on how I like to write up my lesson plans for each student every week. I don't know about you, but all of my kids are scheduled back to back and this leaves me very little time to prep for the next session. So, I have developed an organized system that requires very little planning before my next speech group. I thought I'd share it with you!

First off, I develop my lesson plans based on the theme of the week. Every week has a different theme and this week it's Halloween! This is the layout I use and it really helps me keep my activities organized by articulation, language, and books!




Everyone morning before I start treatment, I organize my student's folders and child-specifc therapy items into piles in descending order (first folder is my first student). I organized articulation cards, bubbles, and a haunted house box filled with my wh-question cards onto my student's folder.


Below is a picture of what the folder look like with all the materials on top of their folder. That way, I don't even have to think about what materials to look for. I just grab their folders and go!



The last 2-5 minutes of each session, I like to keep track of my data and also plan for the student's next session. In the beginning of the school year, and when working with new kiddos, I am still discovering their strengths and weaknesses. So, I like to make a note of what to work on for the following session ASAP so that I don't forget the specifics.

Below is a picture of the worksheet I created to organize my lessons for the following session. I keep a sheet in all of my students folders. That way my next therapy session is already planned out and all I need to do is grab the materials!


How do you like to plan your lessons for therapy? Thanks for reading today's Tip Tuesday and please leave a comment below with your therapy planning ideas! Come back next Tuesday!!

Want your own lesson plan copy? Click HERE!

Happy Halloween!!


No comments:

Post a Comment