Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DIY Articulation Organizer

Hey everybody!

Today's Tip Tuesday is all about organizing your beloved articulation cards! I, like many SLP's, love using articulation playing cards (like the Super Duper cards) in therapy, because they can be so versatile! Over the years, I have made many custom artic cards (early developing sounds, CVC cards, etc.) for different children to meet their specific needs. As my collection continued to grow, I quickly realized that I needed an organizing system in order to keep track of which cards I had and which I needed. So, I came up with this!!


Here is where I keep all of my "handmade" articulation cards. I color code them by position:
  • Green- Initial
  • Yellow- Medial
  • Red- Final 
  • Blue- Blends





Below is what you will need:

  • An old Swiffer box or any box (I personally like the clear lid)
  • Snack size baggies
  • Color Coding Labels
  • Sharpie
  • Articulation Cards 





First, I print and laminate all of my articulation cards. A great site to get some free articulation cards is Adventures in Speech Pathology (one of my favorite Speech sites)! Next, I added the colored label on the right hand corner of the baggies and wrote the target phoneme on top. Below is an example of my /p/ cards in the initial, medial, and final positions. 

To the side of the box (I couldn't get the picture to rotate the correct way-ugh!) there are more baggies with the blue stickers. Those hold my s-blends, r-blends, and l-blends cards!


I hope that was a good explanation of how I like to organize my articulation cards! How do you organize your articulation or language cards? Leave your answer in the comment section!

Thanks for tuning in to today's Tip Tuesday and please come back next week :)







No comments:

Post a Comment