Friday, November 22, 2013

Turkey Turkey What Do You See Freebie!

Hello Everybody!

Welcome back to Freeibe Friday! I am super excited for this weeks Freebie! It's based off of the classic Brown Bear Brown Bear book, but with a little holiday twist! It's called Turkey, Turkey What Do You See? Yep, you guessed it, it's Thanksgiving Day themed and my students love it!! It gets them (and me) excited for Thanksgiving and introduces a range of Thanksgiving vocabulary. I was surprised to learn that many of my students didn't know what a turkey even looked like. It's great for facilitating for great conversations about why we have Thanksgiving, what we eat on Thanksgiving, and who you share the special holiday with. Overall, this is a great and quick activity for targeting sequencing, wh-questions, and vocabulary! Here is short preview!




As you can see above, it shows both the Turkey and the next object that the Turkey sees! I like this format because it is simple and clear. 


I also included individual pictures so that you can target sequencing skills. Just print out and have the child sequence as or after you read this book!

Do you have any favorite Thanksgiving Day themed activities? Please leave a comment below and CLICK HERE for your freebie :)

Thanks for stopping by and come back next time for your Freebie Friday!



2 comments:

  1. So far my favorite Thanksgiving activity is styrofoam ball beaded turkeys. They came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite activity is making turkeys with my students' handprints!

    ReplyDelete