Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentines Day: Who has the heart?

Hello everybody!

I am so excited for Valentines Day this week! I have so many fun ideas to share with you plus a Valentine's freebie at the end :) Below are a few activities I've been using with my preschoolers this week.

1. Valentines Day Book
A Valentine's Day book is a must! I like to use Elmo's World Love to talk about what Valentines Day is, what it means to love or care about someone, things that we love, and different ways to show how we love someone. It's also a great way to talk about who, what, and why we love. Great to use to target those wh-questions!


2. Categorization
Who doesn't want to play with (and eat) Valentines Day candy? This a fun way to target color vocabulary as well as categorization. My kids loved this activity!

3. Valentines Day Bingo
This targets Valentine's Day vocabulary. For many of my kids, this is their first Valentine's Day in the schools. So, with any new holiday, I like to review specific vocabulary and the meaning of that holiday. Since I only work with preschoolers, this is also a fun game that targets turn-taking skills and how to lose a game (many of my kids on the spectrum struggle with this). 


4. Who Has The Heart FREEBIE!
Here is a sample of my freebie below! Included are 18 "who has my heart" cards. 



I like to use this sentence template when working with children who either have difficulty sequencing grammatical and coherent sentences or benefit from visuals.  


What games or activities do you like to use on or around Valentine's Day? Leave a comment below :) Grab your freebie HERE! Thanks for stopping by and make sure to come on back next week for more freebies and tips! Please follow me on Twitter and on my TeachersPayTeachers account for your most updated tips and FREE materials!



No comments:

Post a Comment